WILMINGTON, North Carolina – UNCW closes out its non-conference women’s basketball slate on Thursday afternoon as the Seahawks welcome former Colonial Athletic Association rival Georgia State to Trask Coliseum for a 1 p.m. matinee.
Children 14 and under can attend the game for just $1 and fans are encouraged to join Coach Karen Barefoot and her staff in wearing their favorite ugly Christmas sweater.
Both UNCW and Georgia State are coming off a victory in their most recent outing. The Seahawks posted a 65-60 victory at Wofford on Saturday while Georgia State outlasted Jacksonville State, 55-41, on Tuesday afternoon in Atlanta.
Five Things to Know
- UNCW has won six straight games in the series against Georgia State after last year’s 72-66 triumph in Atlanta.
- Senior guard Madison Raque paced a group of four Seahawks in double figures by scoring 15 points in last year’s win.
- Sophomore guard Lacey Suggs has posted double figures in six straight games after netting 15 points at Wofford on Saturday evening.
- The Seahawks have scored 60 or more points in 8-of-10 games this season, matching their total from a season ago.
- UNCW is aiming to reach seven non-conference wins for the first time since the 2011-12 campaign.
Up Next: The Seahawks commence their Colonial Athletic Association gauntlet on Friday, Dec. 29, against defending league champion Elon at 7 p.m. inside Alumni Gym.