This dish is reminiscent of shrimp scampi but is veggie-centric with its mix of potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and zucchini. The potatoes are partially cooked in the microwave before sautéing, for a meal that’s on the table in 30 minutes.
3 medium yellow potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, (minced)
1 small onion, (chopped)
1 medium red bell pepper, (coarsely chopped)
1/2 cup white grape juice
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vinegar
12 ounces frozen jumbo shrimp, (peeled and deveined, no-sodium-added)
1 medium fresh zucchini, (cut in small chunks)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, (no-sodium)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 lemon, (divided)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Pierce the skin of each potato with a fork; microwave potatoes on high for 2 minutes. Turn potatoes over and microwave 2 more minutes. Remove from microwave and let cool slightly.
2. While potatoes are cooling, heat olive oil in large saucepan. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper, and cook about 3-4 minutes.
3. Cube potatoes. Add juice, water, and vinegar to saucepan; bring to boil. Add shrimp, zucchini, potatoes, and seasoning. Return to boil, and simmer 5-8 minutes, until shrimp, potatoes, and zucchini are done. The flesh of the shrimp should be an opaque color.
4. Halve the lemon; squeeze juice from half the lemon into the saucepan.
5. Serve the Parmesan cheese and lemon wedges cut from the remaining lemon half.