Makes: 6 Servings
This home-style chicken noodle soup makes a wonderful side dish. It tastes even better the next day if you have any leftovers.
1 pound chicken breasts, thawed, skin and bone removed from each piece
6 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons egg mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Cut up chicken breasts and place in a large pot with enough water to cover. Add salt and pepper.
2. Bring chicken and water to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and continue to cook for about 20 minutes.
3. Set aside 1/4 cup (about 1 ladle full) of the broth in a large bowl to cool down.
4. To make the noodles, combine egg mix and flour in a medium-size bowl. While mixing the egg and flour, slowly add the 1/4 cup cooled browth until a dough is formed.
5. Roll the dough on a clean, dry, floured surface. Add more flour as needed to keep it from sticking.
6. Cut dough into 1/2 inch wide strips that are about 6 inches long. 7. Gently put the strips into the pot with the chicken. Stir every 5 minutes.
8. Cook until done (about 15-20 minutes over medium heat). 9. Be careful! Pot may boil over if lid is fully closed.
Tip for cooking chicken: The recommended sage minimum internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees F, as measured with a food thermometer.